free texting anyone

Legolas 20:05 20 Apr 2009

Does anyone know of a good free on-line texting site. I am hopeless at texting from my mobile, takes me ages, so I found a few sites that allowed you to text for free to a mobile number from your computer. I tried sending a test text to myself and although it says that the text has been sent I have yet to receive them. I am wondering if it is a blind to get you onto their site.

Quickbeam 20:23 20 Apr 2009

Have you tried your phonemakers software? you should be able to get a utility program to do on screen texts and send them via your phone via a cable or bluetooth connection to your computer.

We send a lot of texts to transport drivers from an office Motorola exclusively used for texting using the Motorola software utility.

WhiteTruckMan 20:28 20 Apr 2009

cbfsms dot com

WTM

Si_L 20:31 20 Apr 2009

Agree with WTM, CBFSMS is the best.

I am on Orange, and on my account section I get 30 free texts a month to send, if you are on a different network then it may be worth checking into this.

Legolas 21:25 20 Apr 2009

WTM & Si_L I tried CBFSMS but the texting appears to be down at the moment. Quickbeam I had forgotten about the software that came with the phone just installed it and I can easily send texts via my computer so thanks for the reminder. But I still need an on-line one so that I can send texts from anywhere. Will give CBFSMS another try later.
Thanks everyone

interzone55 21:28 20 Apr 2009

If you use O2 as your ISP then you get between 100 and 500 free texts a month depending on your package...
click here

MAJ 22:53 20 Apr 2009

Yup, I'm on O2, and like you Legolas, I'm hopeless at texting from my mobile. I now text from my computer through the O2 site for free, or 5p a text when I run out of free texts, and it is instant.

Covergirl 12:24 21 Apr 2009

Not sure whether you need an O2 number though . . . whether or not, you can register and you'll get 10 free texts per month. Not much, but it does me for the odd emergency text.

Chegs ®™ 13:28 21 Apr 2009

I suggest you simply search google for free sms texts & you will be rewarded with many sites that offer a service of some kind.

interzone55 15:10 21 Apr 2009

Sorry, forgot to mention regarding O2 online SMS.

If you register your own mobile with them, whatever the network, any replies to texts you send online will go to your mobile...

Devil Fish 21:31 24 Apr 2009

if you use orangeregister online you get 30 free a month

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?