Free iPhone 4S

Condom 20:33 11 Feb 2012

Has any forum memeber actually won an iPhone 4S on this most annoying advert?

interzone55 20:37 11 Feb 2012

Never seen the advert, but Spuds started a thread on this a couple of days ago

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/4118552/i-have-just-won-a-iphone-4s-/

Condom 20:44 11 Feb 2012

Yes I know but neither the FE or PCA made any comment despite several requests to do so. I thought I would give them the opportunity to do so again while it is continually flashing on my laptop. It could maybe perhaps also be genuine so I was asking if any of us had won one....oh there goes another flying pig :-))

interzone55 20:57 11 Feb 2012

What browser are you using?

I never see these adverts that everyone complains about

Algerian peter 21:28 11 Feb 2012

Yes they have

everyones a winner

Condom 21:49 11 Feb 2012

W7 with IE 9 on my wife's laptop as my PC is in pieces as I'm redecorating my study. Well it's finished now but I have to wait for the carpet fitters coming Tuesday before I can start the process of puting everything back together again and "even praying" that it still works.

frybluff 21:50 11 Feb 2012

Probably not a bad idea to start a new thread. It may be that FE has not commented, is due to earlier thread being "ticked" as resolved. It certainly appears on Explorer 9. It may be coincidence, but since AD appeared, I keep getting warnings, from Norton, about "Security Certification" of content on PCA site.

Woolwell 21:57 11 Feb 2012

I use Chrome and Kaspersky anti-banner and I have yet to see this ad.

Forum Editor 23:53 11 Feb 2012

"neither the FE or PCA made any comment despite several requests to do so."

I haven't been too well for the last few days (flu, or something equally vile), and I've neglected my duties somewhat as a result.

We'll look into this on Monday.

Condom 19:47 12 Feb 2012

Glad to hear you are obviously a little better if you are back at your post again. Keep yourself wrapped up warm and take a litttle hot whisky and the iPhone 4S can surely wait as it doesn't appear to be doing much harm apart from being annoying.

simonjary 20:09 12 Feb 2012

We'll block this Google ad first thing on Monday. Thanks for the alert.

Simon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?