forums.

rdave13 21:43 12 Mar 2005

Have tried many other forums but found this one quite easy to use.
Has any one else found sutch an user friendly forum as this one?

Eh?

rdave13 21:45 12 Mar 2005

sutch----such

Starfox 11:43 13 Mar 2005

You are absolutely correct RDAVE13 I have not found a forum as user friendly,or as interesting as PCA either.

mbp 12:12 13 Mar 2005

Dave. I have found 98% of the forums that I visit very helpful, friendly,patient,knowledgeable, and almost community/family like in atmosphere.

In some forums the Editor/Moderator/Administrator can get a bit pompous or over zealous. Yet there are others where the Moderator is so tolerant that he allows bigotry, even insults and name calling to remain on the forum long before he steps in. The balance between zeal and indifference can vary a great deal. I stay with those I am happy with, and forsake those where bigotry is common. There are a lot of outstanding forum sites out there, but it may not suit your interests. OTOH, you must remember that forums can get addictive, and it will take up all your time, preventing productive work, or helping you to procrastinate your main intentions with your computer.Perhaps we should all allocate our hours according to our aims in life.

It gives such pleasure when you are able to help someone to resolve his problem, or such relief when you are led through your problem to resolution. But there are also a lot of time waster who are not really interested in disseminating or acquiring knowledge but want to get into the scrum sometimes as spoilers. Fortunately there are not too many of them about.

There are many excellent and specialized forums to visit and participate. The computer provides an outlet for your intellectual activity, or a place to play games, or to exchange views internationally, or just to write to friends and family. You are lucky to live at a time of WWW Network available so easily and affordable. Happy browsing!

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:38 13 Mar 2005

I don't think I will find one that has all the good attributes that this one offers. It is unique in my opinion, providing so much help and information to thousands of users, and very addictive.

rdave13 15:13 14 Mar 2005

I know that forums are addictive(especially this one!)So I must start curbing my time on it.
Well I'll start tommorow!

Buchan 35 22:20 14 Mar 2005

Your last, WHY!
mbp has given a most erudite reply as to why we should remain on this, the best forum. I`m a relative newcomer, less than 600 posts, and I find that there`s friendshio and helpfulness for spare on this site. Sorry mate, you`ll be daft to give it up

rdave13 18:46 15 Mar 2005

Thanks for that but I'm not giving up just going to curb my time on this forum.........and will definately start to curb my time tommorrow or maybe next week'll be a better time....maybe :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?