Forum Login

rowdy 10:05 17 Dec 2009

I seem to have to login on every visit all of a sudden. no changes made to any settings since login was automatic. Is anyone else having this trouble

rowdy

anskyber 10:11 17 Dec 2009

Fine here.

babybell 10:30 17 Dec 2009

Now you mention it, I have logged on 3 times today, how bizarre.

spuds 10:41 17 Dec 2009

I have been having various problems with this site for a time now, especially since the 'advertising mods' were done.

Trying to login or getting my postings after a break, can result in going via the forum column, then clicking on a subject and page, then going into login and postings.

It doesn't seem to be a particular browser, because IE8, Google Chrome and my main default browser Firefox, all seem to have similar 'going around the houses' result.

rowdy 11:13 17 Dec 2009

Thank you for that I have been wondering if it was an MS update to IE8 that changed things. I have checked all settings and my profile is definitely ticked to remain logged in.

Can PCA confirm that this is a known problem?

rowdy

babybell 11:24 17 Dec 2009

At work and I have this issue, I use IE7 at home and its fine, so you might be onto something with that idea Rowdy.

All my cookies are saved by Ccleaner and I'm certainly not cleaning them out 3 times a day so its not that.

birdface 11:24 17 Dec 2009

Do you have anything set to delete cookies.
If i use privacy cleaner in Winaso it deletes all cookies and I then have to sign in again.
Apart from that mine is working no problem using IE8.

ened 11:44 17 Dec 2009

Try using Google Chrome for this site.

Since I switched I have had no problems.

spuds 11:49 17 Dec 2009

Perhaps in answer, I would say that it is not a cookie problem, because it is only on the PCA site that the problem occurs. Im my case the cookies are retained, even after a bit of a clean-up.

rowdy 11:51 17 Dec 2009

I do not let any browser delete cookies I only clean using C cleaner and it is set to retain all necessary cookies.

Strangely I have just returned to this site and I was automatically logged in. No conspiracy theories but I hope the problem has been resolved permanently without any intervention from me.

Ticking this as resolved now, thank you all for the comments.

rowdy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires