football lover's dream

Joe R 20:00 11 Apr 2007

Firstly, I am not a Man' Utd fan, but if they played the type of football, that they showed last night against Roma, then I would join any waiting list available, and travel a near 400 mile round trip to watch them.

That performance last night, has surely got to be the best ever by any British club, in European competition.

They totally dismantled, one of the best Italian teams, and sent out a warning to all other teams in the competition.

Just to think too, Celtic would have gone through in the knockout stages against them, if the scores in the group stages were the same. Aah " Dreams ".)

riiverstock 20:21 11 Apr 2007

That's how the old Celtic used to play.

Fantastic golden touch play.

Joe R 20:39 11 Apr 2007

riiverstock,

yes mate I know that well.

I used to stand in the "jungle", watching players like Johnstone, Lennox, McNeil, Dalglish, Macari, McGrain, Nicholas etc,too bad, but it looks like the good days may be gone forever now, with the Scottish teams unable to compete, with the money available to other European Clubs.

Jim Thing 20:43 11 Apr 2007

I've never been a Man U fan either, but last night they were really something special. And I don't think I've ever seen a better goal than Carrick's second (was it? I lost count). Almost the full length of the pitch in just four one-touch passes, and a perfect volley to finish it off. Wonderful stuff.

Mind you, they're not a patch on Bolton Wanderers really...

Strawballs 21:15 11 Apr 2007

So what happened against Portsmouth the other day, mind you the very next game they lost 4-2 aginst the bottom team watford:(

Bingalau 21:34 11 Apr 2007

I just thought the opposition gave up too easily..

Jak_1 21:37 11 Apr 2007

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone ... :)))

Eargasm 22:09 11 Apr 2007

"That performance last night, has surely got to be the best ever by any British club, in European competition."

Nah! this has got to be the best performance by far ! ( just don't mention the second leg....)

click here

Fred the flour grader 23:10 11 Apr 2007

When Kevin Keegan was our manager. Only difference was, we always got beat.....some things never change.
It was one of the best team performances I have seen in a long time last night and Man U have been a great side again this season, but it's ultimately down to the finest football manager in Europe being there calling the shots. I am a true Newcastle fan, but I think Fergie has done a great job there.
Fred.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?