Foggy Dewhurst

peter99co 16:14 20 Mar 2008

One of my favourites has died

click here

I know i can watch the repeats but RIP Foggy

User-1235809 16:28 20 Mar 2008

he had a good innings though, I hope I live as long and as healthy.

One of my all time favourite programmes

BT 16:37 20 Mar 2008

Foggy,Clegg and Compo were the best trio in Last Of the Summer Wine.

wellshgit 17:45 20 Mar 2008

RIP Foggy. As BT says Foggy Clegg and Compo were the best in the series. Although still good it wasnt the same when Compo died and Foggy left.

rawprawn 17:52 20 Mar 2008

Sad to hear that, Last of the Summer Wine" was an exceptional program, and made richer by his presence.
The Problem they face now is that all the characters are now really too old, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way.

TopCat® 17:57 20 Mar 2008

Yes, the jungles never quite recovered from the activities of Corporal Dewhurst. Even the Ghurkas expressed surprise, and dismay, at his ability to survive the dangers! :o) RIP, that man! TC.

Joe R 18:40 20 Mar 2008

My best memories of Brian Wilde, were his superb portayal of the hapless Mr Barraclough, in Porridge.

laurie53 20:23 20 Mar 2008

Some years ago I was in a local bar which I was wont to frequent with friends, out of sight in a corner.

Some guys made to sit down and somebody said, "I wouldn't sit there, that's Last of the Summer Wine country."

I was perturbed to note that it was the place where we usually sat!

Further enquiries revealed that I was, thank God, Clegg, but the guy regarded as Foggy was exactly like him in character, even telling me to "Take that man's name" when "Compo", now a respected citizen living in Aviemore, did something particularly meritorious.

RIP Brian. You'll not be forgotten while Russ, Dave and I are alive.

BT 08:10 21 Mar 2008

Well done UK Drama last night for dedicating last nights' episode to 'Foggy'. I always thought their continuity announcements were recorded but they put in a 'live' one at 6.20.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?