Fog & Lights

ulrich 21:15 26 Sep 2008

Once again the dreaded fog is here.

Please someone explain to me in these conditions why you drive with only sidelights or better still no lights. Is it to save fuel or your electricity bills?

peter99co 21:16 26 Sep 2008

It's to save some pedestrians life.

ulrich 21:21 26 Sep 2008

Will save a pedestrians life.

peter99co 21:22 26 Sep 2008

I misread your post

peter99co 21:27 26 Sep 2008

It seems easier to see through the murk without headlights and was the reason we had yellow fog lamps. This is ok as long as they only operate when the sidelight curcuit is on as well.

ulrich 21:46 26 Sep 2008

When you turned your headlight on dipped beam the light reflected back, but on modern cars, at least my 97 Fiesta I do not have this problem. The only country I know had Yellow lights was France.

ulrich 22:29 26 Sep 2008

On the Forum drive on sidelights or no lights?

rdave13 22:36 26 Sep 2008

Thought it was only legal to drive with headlights, dipped or full beam, in such conditions? Side lights are only to be used when stopped for offloading or parked on the wrong side?
Will invest in a new HThought it was only legal to drive with headlights, dipped or full beam, in such conditions? Side lights are only to be used when stopped for offloading or parked on the wrong side?
Will invest in a new Highway Code book.ighway Code book.

rdave13 22:40 26 Sep 2008

Something happened in my last post?
Vista for you.
Are you allowed to drive on 'side lights' or must you use 'full head lights, dipped or otherwise, while vehicle in motion?

peter99co 22:46 26 Sep 2008

It is not advised/allowed to park on the wrong side of the road with lights on especially on a bus route. This would confuse drivers who may think your white lights were to right side of road. You must always park with red lights facing rear approaching drivers.

rdave13 22:54 26 Sep 2008

I understand your reasoning but at times smaller vans or lorries have to do it for offloading or loading at twilight or darkness due to different circumstances. So sidelights are compulsory at those times to warn on coming traffic that a vehicle is parked and facing the wrong way. (No red reflectors).
About bus routes, are not most roads a 'bus route'?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?