First the MPs and now some greedy lawyers

TopCat® 23:07 29 Oct 2009

excessively claimed millions in legal aid payments! click here

Surely these fraudsters should be made to pay it all back as their names should be on file against each payment. TC. click here

TopCat® 23:09 29 Oct 2009

Apologise for the double link but I was thinking hard on these double-crossing lawyers! TC.

Forum Editor 23:44 29 Oct 2009

that I can see any mention of fraud, or any evidence of it. There has been exploitation of the system, certainly, but although that may be distasteful it's not illegal.

TopCat® 00:24 30 Oct 2009

Sorry, FE, but this loss of £25 million of taxpayers' money made me quite angry when I think of the good causes it could have helped. The Legal Services Commission people responsible should I hope certainly get some serious flak over this. TC.

morddwyd 08:28 30 Oct 2009

"Surely these fraudsters should be made to pay it all back"

And how would you make them do that?

Take them to court?

And who would profit from that?

Lawyers!

Shakespeare had it right - "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." (Henry V1 Part 2).

Ranger 11:17 30 Oct 2009

FE
but surely claiming you provided a higher priced service when you actually only provide a lower price service could be classed as fraud or at the least the difference paid back, after all if someone claims a social security benefit and receives it when they are not entitled to it, it is classed as fraud and is payable back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?