Finally I am staying logged in to pca :)

lotvic 00:51 16 Feb 2011
Answered

I have solved the mystery (to me anyway) of why I could not stay logged in to PCA forum. For years now, I have had to repeatedly log back in several times every hour. I even made a special Bookmark that has my password included in it so at least I didn't have to keep retyping my email and password each time.
Even though in My Profile I had ticked the box to keep me logged in, it made no difference and seemed to 'untick itself' and log me out. I sort of just got used to having to log back in before I could post anything to a thread. It has always bugged me.

Then last w/end as I again ticked the box at the bottom in My Profile I noticed that the "Employment Status:" box of the * Required information (the ones with a green star next to boxes to fill in) still said 'Please choose one..'

so I did choose one, and then at the bottom ticked the box yet again for the 'Keep me logged in' and (again) did the 'Update Me'

Since I've done that I have stayed logged in for my entire sessions (until I close my browser - it's set to delete cookies when closed).

So if anyone else is having the same sort of problem with staying logged in maybe it will work for you too :)

(Hope it doesn't all go wrong now I've got used to it...)

octal 07:42 16 Feb 2011

That's odd, my employment details says "Please choose one.." and I've never been logged out of this forum, I never clear the cookies out for this site though.

lotvic 12:56 16 Feb 2011

Hmmm, ~still a mystery then. Before, I kept getting logged out even when I hadn't left the site.
Cookies are enabled but still would get logged off.
I'm hoping present state of staying logged in during session continues, so far so good.

lotvic 01:44 18 Feb 2011
Answer

It's still working okay and am staying logged in for my sessions, so will tick resolved (for me anyway :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?