Fighting @ Cricket Match

day2strike 15:05 07 Aug 2008

click here

Shows what selling alcholic drinks at grounds can do!

rawprawn 18:55 07 Aug 2008

What a great shame, I once played against Todmorden, and had a great evening's cricket.
We did celebrate in the pub afterwards,with all the best in cricketing friendly sledging.
Nearly all sports these days seem to be let down by booze or drugs, which is as I said a great shame.

MAJ 19:33 07 Aug 2008

Snooker, Shooting, etc. = Beta Blockers

Weightlifting = Anabolic Steroids

Track and field = THG

Cricket = has to be Prozac.......

Quickbeam 01:01 08 Aug 2008

What? You've no idea how exciting watching a test for five days can get...

Covergirl 07:34 08 Aug 2008

. . . . at sporting events - even cricket . . ? I'm sure someone will put me right on that one.

yes, well we all know what effect alcohol has on people - just watch any "police" type program on TV these days and it's full of men & women falling out of pubs and ending up fighting.

I would guess the most trouble free events were music - it's not often you hear about "100 PCD fans involved in mass brawl at gig" type story.

Cymro. 11:30 08 Aug 2008

and i thought cricket was a game for gentlemen.

Quickbeam 12:55 12 Aug 2008

is that next years Ashes tickets are being restricted to 4 per applicant.

They will no doubt say that it's because of the increased demand for an Ashes tour, but I rather think it's the thin end of a wedge to break up the larger groups that make all the noise.

This of course spoils it for us that go in a group of 8/10 and have a civilised time of it. We will have to be sat in different parts of the ground.

Whatever next... home & away supporters stands?

NewestRoyWidd1 15:28 12 Aug 2008

What does it say about the game when it takes six different security firms to"police"a TwentyTwenty match?That's in addition to the usual stewards and a couple of police officers.
I know this because I was part of the security team at our local ground fairly recently.To be fair though,the majority of supporters were well-behaved.

anchor 16:58 12 Aug 2008

The problems with excessive alcohol consumption continue to grow.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017