Ferrari and F1

Strawballs 00:36 31 Dec 2008

I know this is quite old news but I have not seen it here click here Who says they don't get specials deals!!!!!!!

AL47 00:50 31 Dec 2008

i dont even need to click to kno what it is!

i said a while back to myself that 09 will be the last season i watch, which hurts, ive been following avidly for years, ive just had it with engine plans, corruption, cheating, bias, ditching good tracks for money

this is a business and not a sort anymore

AL47 00:51 31 Dec 2008

to add
i had to fntastic watching years, 05, 06

[renault supporter]

Strawballs 00:52 31 Dec 2008

It is nothing to do with engine deals, it is to do with a deal they have had since 2002

rdave13 00:53 31 Dec 2008

What can you say about that?
Sports hasn't been true sports when business comes in to it.
It's true of all sports today.
Isn't it?

AL47 00:54 31 Dec 2008

yeah, i just meant this engine freeze etc, standard engines, ive had enough, its all too much

:(

AL47 00:57 31 Dec 2008

f1 is exceptionally bad for it, and it doesnt have to be, the btcc [before seat left] was great fun to watch

Strawballs 00:57 31 Dec 2008

I was a big fan of Alonso and Renault back then but went off him when he spat the dummy when a young upstart was beating him in an equal car

Strawballs 01:07 31 Dec 2008

It can be similar in Motor GP I prefer to watch WSB

AL47 01:08 31 Dec 2008

i must admit he lost alot of his broader audience then,
also i wouldnt be able to cheer him on if he is in a ferrari,

renault will always be my team, such a shame the sport is heading down hill, scrapping canada, all these innovation bans, the FIA/bernie/max, ah what ya gonna do?

it used to be that a small team could get ahead of a big budget team with something innovative, recently renaults mass dampner = banned, [ok they werent tiny, but lack money of the biggest]

no room for lotus etc these days, just look at super aguri and the like

i still say just a set budget cap at say £100million a year and [relatively] free reign on developement

Strawballs 01:13 31 Dec 2008

The whole point of F1 is suppose to be the pinnacle technical achievment advances they make can make road cars a lot safer as F1 teams are willing to money that road car makers back off from

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?