F.E.A.R. game totally free

wolfie3000 23:42 27 Aug 2006

Yes they have released the online version of the game totally free,

All you need to do is sign up.

click here

wolfie3000 00:03 28 Aug 2006

one word of advice the filefront download servers are slow, i would reccomend the fileplanet servers they never seem to run slow.

SG Atlantis® 00:07 28 Aug 2006

I'll try it out when I get home.

bookmarked.

wolfie3000 00:10 28 Aug 2006

SG its a huge download so it might take over an hour to download,
Also if you use the fileplanet servers you will need to register with them and i reccomend the fileplanet download manager incase the download stops for any reason or you need to stop it you can re start the download where you left off,
I use file planet for all my game downloads and the download manager is a life saver for those long downloads.

wolfie3000 00:14 28 Aug 2006

Heres the link for the download manager

click here

Forum Editor 00:34 28 Aug 2006

what's this game all about then?

wolfie3000 04:13 28 Aug 2006

Well the games about Your character (an elite soldier) who is sent to a aerospace compound to take care of a super natural paramilitary force,
Along with a group of soldiers (the fear team) they have to eliminate the intruders and find out what the misterious signal is,

Well thats what it says on the website but the game itself you team up with your buddies and shoot at others,

I love these type of games its way better to play against online players rather than the computer A.I.

As the computer A.I. gets predictable But you can never predict how good the oppasite team will be,

The game challenges your quick thinking and strategy skills and how you will cope in stressful situations (in a game context).

Are you thinking of downloading the game and playing FE?

Online games can be enjoyable and a rewarding expereince, theres no greater feeling than no-scoping or getting a triple kill (Halo)

I will look forward to seeing you in the servers for a match up.

wolfie3000 04:18 28 Aug 2006

An explaination of no-scoping.

click here

egapup 09:15 28 Aug 2006

Have you tried Black Hawk Down? great game.

SB23 14:33 28 Aug 2006

It says that some files need a subscription.
Does this download come completely free, as when I click to download it asks for address details etc.

brundle 21:30 28 Aug 2006

SB23 - get the FTP or torrent version, no sign up required. The only sign up you need is for click here to get a CD key.
BitComet or Utorrent to download the torrent itself click here

> Wolfie3000
`Noscoping` - rather like railgun-only battles in Quake 3? Accuracy and timing are the priority...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017