F.E.A.R. The game

wolfie3000 02:57 07 Jan 2006

I was interested to read on this site about the game in question.
But in my opinion there are alot better 3d shooters about and why are software companies producing more and more horror titles like F.E.A.R. doom and such.

We need original games that have never been tryed before.

Do the game makers ask there target audience about ideas?

007al 03:14 07 Jan 2006

I remember how i was blown away when i got Metal Gear Solid on the first Playstation.Never really been a lover of 3D shooters,although i played the first DOOM.The Splinter Cell series are good,but i get bored of playing the same thing too often.The Gran Turismo games on Pc would be nice to see

wolfie3000 03:17 07 Jan 2006

i agree the software makers seem to spew out the same type of games (3d shooters) its time they thought out of the box so to speak.

007al 03:36 07 Jan 2006

Driver was the same.First game was very different,but by the third it was a mess,even looked like the same graphics engine to the first.Someone i know,suggested a rock climbing game,where you had to look around and pick the best location to grip and put your feet.Not too sure myself,unless it was a two player race to the top

wolfie3000 03:39 07 Jan 2006

lol i like the idea of a rock climbing game.
but yes we need new and freshg ideas take the game gta people have got so bored with it they are now modding it beyond all reckognition i have done the same.

007al 04:22 07 Jan 2006

I remember playing an arcade game way back in 1983-84,that was animated.I think it had Quest in the title,not sure though.It was amazing for its time,visually and playabilty(is that a word?).Made going home to my Atari a bit of a come down.Its time there was a game with the same graphics as movies.I remember George Lucas saying he could make a movie with the Playstation2 when Sony gave him a pre released version to look at.Graphics have come a long way since then,why cant it be done the other way round?

wolfie3000 04:28 07 Jan 2006

games have come along way visually but that doesnt make a good game.
payability is what good games have like the first tomb raider i still play it now and then the gfx are poor by todays standards but when playing i get immersed in the game play.

one game i enjoyed from years back was repton for the bbc micro pity you cant get it now i loved that game

Haol 09:28 07 Jan 2006

Pacman, I mean come on it's one of the best games ever but now there are so many different versions of it.

wolfie3000 09:48 07 Jan 2006

Morning haol

Pacman my god that brings back memories.

I had a little hand held pacman game years back lol

007al 10:19 07 Jan 2006

I had the Pacman game,it was a miniature arcade machine,also had a digital watch with the Pacman game on it.My daughter has a couple of the 3D Pacman games,which just look like a reworked version of Sonic.
wolfie3000,do you have any good ideas for a new game then?

SG Atlantis® 10:31 07 Jan 2006

Nothing beats the commodore 64 games.

I loved Paperboy and Klax! superb!!

I even have them now on my PC, GAME have them on a package called "Midway Arcade Classics" I think I paid a fiver. That's a fiver well spent :D

I bought F.E.A.R. and played it once, I am bored silly with the same old shooters and simulator games, although MOVIES is a new twist on sim games and it's pretty cool.

The Need for Speed and Juiced games are my favourite racers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?