FE pleads for an atmosphere of "relative calm"

Cymro. 17:30 22 Dec 2010

And rightly so FE.
I will be off my computer over the holiday as we are to stay with my daughter, her husband and two wonderful grandchildren so probably not very much calm for me.

So has anyone any ideas how to keep calm at a time of the year that is possibly the least calm of the whole year.

rawprawn 17:37 22 Dec 2010

Sit back, enjoy it, and be glad you are alive.
Life is not a dress rehearsal.
Think of all the millions of people that cannot enjoy Christmas with their families.

Forum Editor 17:43 22 Dec 2010

is to go into a separate zone in my head. I'm sociable, happy to help around the house, and enthusiastic about all the rituals - present opening, pudding flaming, etc.

In my head however, I'm slightly detatched. I put myself into a bubble of calm, and when things get stressed - as they inevitably do at some point - I withdraw to the bubble and let everything float past. I absolutely do not let it get to me, and I never, ever, show irritation.

I'm not particularly good at the 'family together, let's play party games and talk incessantly, both at the same time' thing. I sit back and let them get on with it, occasionally accepting a tasty morsel or ten from one of my attentive daughters or daughters in law to be. There will be five women in the house, so it writes itself really.

tullie 17:50 22 Dec 2010

Im working,so no problem.Someones got to help with keeping the country running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?