FE places his head carefully on the block and.....

Forum Editor 10:24 31 Jan 2006

asks this:-

If there was one single thing that you would like to see included in the forum, what would it be?

Now I know that some of you will have lists of things, but don't post them - limit yourself strictly to ONE item, the one thing that you would like to see here more than any other. It might be a new forum area, or some added functionality, or ....well, you get the idea.

I make no promises, or even half promises, that we'll include your suggestion, or even any of them, but we will look at them all very carefully. We're not planning to alter the site in any radical way, but we might be able to make it a little better for you - the people who use it most.

The floor is yours...

Monument 10:29 31 Jan 2006

An improved search facility.

Forum Editor 10:34 31 Jan 2006

Improved in what way - can you elaborate on that?

Monument 10:50 31 Jan 2006

I would like to see the ability to search between given dates or if that is too problamatic then last 24 hours, last week, last month etc. Also to differentiate between title threads and thread contents.

rmcqua 11:06 31 Jan 2006

Maybe just a bit of text editing capability, like bold or italics for emphasising text (could be that this already exists, but if so I haven't discovered how to use it)?

Mikè 11:19 31 Jan 2006

I thing a post preview facility would be the most useful addition to the forums.

Mikè 11:22 31 Jan 2006

Or maybe a spell checker..... lol.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:39 31 Jan 2006

'Or maybe a spell checker'....click here

Forum Editor 12:00 31 Jan 2006

Surely you can preview your post in the message box where you type it can't you?

Othwerwise, you could do as many forum users do, and type into a word processor, then copy and paste into the forum message box. As for spell-checking, follow GANDALF <|:-)>'s link and install the free spell checker that many other forum members use.

tommy vercetti 12:13 31 Jan 2006

What about a reward or recognition for the most helpful forum postings?

Say for example, you could highlight the "Forum Thread of the week" for the most topical, or most useful thread that has occurred in any given week.

bosmere 12:22 31 Jan 2006

An amend/edit facility to messages submitted (only your own, of course).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?