Fancy testing the beta of Bitdefender 2018?

Forum Editor 13:56 19 May 2017

Bitdefender have contacted me, asking if some of our forum users would like to take part in their beta test of the new version of their software.

You would be provided with a free licence for the release version for your pains, and would be in with a chance of winning a prize. This is what the company has to say:

“Bitdefender 2018 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting May 22nd you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt.

You’ll have the chance to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our security hub, Bitdefender Central.

We’ve prepared really cool prizes for the best of you and extra surprises for those who manage to impress us!

To subscribe to the Beta testing click here Thank you all and best of luck to everyone!”

If you decide to have a go at this, let me know when you've registered for the beta. You should do that before Monday next, 22nd May if you can, but it's not a disaster if you are a bit late with your registration. Once you've registered, sit back and wait for an email from Bitdefender; it will give you a download link for the beta software.

Once I hear from those of you who have registered, I'll start a series of threads in our beta forum, and you can provide us (and Bitdefender) with your feedback.

I hope you'll feel this is a worthwhile proposition - I'm certainly going to try the beta myself.

Sapins 16:10 19 May 2017

Sapins.

Registered ok

Old Deuteronomy 16:33 19 May 2017

Registered.

NB, I have registered using my main email address rather than the one used for this site.

bumpkin 21:06 19 May 2017

Done.

Forum Editor 22:38 19 May 2017

I should have said that there is an upper limit on the number of people who can register from our forums, so the sooner you register, the better your chance of winning one of the prizes.

Aitchbee 22:53 19 May 2017

I've registered; surprised to see that Bitdefender Central is based in Romania.

asmara0208 13:11 20 May 2017

I have registered.

QuizMan 20:36 20 May 2017

Registered

Old Deuteronomy 17:12 22 May 2017

There doesn't seem to be lot of interest, is this test still going to happen?

Aitchbee 17:23 22 May 2017

I guess everbody is still waiting for an email from Bitdefender.

Sapins 18:44 22 May 2017

When they realize they are getting the cream of the forum they won't be able to resist! Plus we will have a better chance of winning a prize.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?