Famous not so good

Seth Haniel 14:52 19 Jul 2007

click here
Leading literary firms failed to recognise the work of Jane Austen when it was sent in by a prankster.

as is the case in a few talent contests where the actual artists has not won in a lookalike contest ;)

robgf 18:28 19 Jul 2007

Not everyone has read all the classics, most people read a couple at school, for exam work, so many not recognise the text (I didn't).

Any literary firm reader skimming through the first few pages, would think that the style was outdated and reject it.
What the chap should have done, was submit slightly altered modern popular novels.

al7478 21:16 19 Jul 2007

i got 3/10. but surely thats pretty good, considering ive never read any of those books?isnt it...?

Legolas 21:30 19 Jul 2007

I got 5 out of 10 and I have never read any of them 5 uneducated guesses.

Bingalau 21:58 19 Jul 2007

I got the first five right and then the rest wrong. Never read any of these books and just guessed. I thought I was going to get the lot right until question 6. Ah well, if I had I would have gone out and bought a lottery ticket.

WhiteTruckMan 01:24 20 Jul 2007

Maybe you should buy that ticket-maybe thats when your luck will surface. Or are you saving it for a rainy day?

WTM

Seth Haniel 08:27 20 Jul 2007

and those were guesses

Only way to get published is 'Vanity Publishing'
or pay up front for your own print run.

Just have to look at the shelves of your local bookstore and seee the thousands upon thousands of books that you wouldn't even read the dust cover of

stolensilver 17:26 20 Jul 2007

I've just sent my first manuscript off to a publishers to see what they think. Good job I'm not planning to give up the day job isn't it? As a first timer looking in from the outside all the agents and publishers seem to have big neon signs outside their buildings saying KEEP OUT!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?