Facebook, MySpace, Twitter

Kate B 23:38 21 May 2007

... are you hooked on any social networking sites? All my friends have recently piled on to Facebook and I'm shamefully addicted.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:48 21 May 2007

I'd rather eat my face but each to their own. I do all my 'social networking' in the flesh so to speak.

G

jarvis10@btinternet.com 00:17 22 May 2007

i have always found them a bit scary! 2 reasons i cant type very fast, and i hate first contact with someone without seeing their eyes and body language.
or is that 3?

Forum Editor 00:41 22 May 2007

social networking via a computer.

Kate B 12:53 22 May 2007

adman, feel free to look me up and add me as a friend :) Email me if you can't find me.

Totally-braindead 13:00 22 May 2007

Not for me I'm afraid, this website is more than enough social networking for me.

TalYasis 13:44 22 May 2007

Are social networking sites for house-bound people?
Sorry I don't really get it.

Why wont it work 13:46 22 May 2007

oh dear, 90% of my friends at uni, and myself are addicted to facebook. If I am supposed to be writing an essay or revising, I find myself on facebook. I don't know quite what it is about it it, it's just addictive. I know nearly all my 'friends/contacts' in person, but still use it. I think the photo bit, and the 'tagging' is the best bit- somewhere to post embarrassing photos or a way of reminding someone what they did whilst drunk. I'm know many many people, including myself, who are sad enough to send messages to their flatmates, even though going to their room and talking to them would take 1/10 of the time. (The internet here is terribly slowww.)

I also like the way it allows you to create groups, such as my 'People's Republic of Stroud'.. they are quite fun. Hate myspace with vengence though, don't know why- I'm just overly judgemental I guess.

Kate B 14:05 22 May 2007

adman - don't worry about it.

Yeah, I like tagging pictures too - you can have a lot of childish fun with that feature.

rodriguez 14:56 22 May 2007

I have Faceparty, Bebo and MySpace accounts, but I don't use them a lot. Sometimes I go on if I'm bored but most of the time I'm either out or busy doing other things.

IClaudio 16:49 22 May 2007

I don't get it...

I've been asked to become a 'Friend' on Facebook by a couple of relatives. But... I already am...huh? What happens now? Instead of 'phoning them, or e-mailing them, do I now talk to them via FaceBook?

Eee, it weren't like this when I were a lad, I just hollered over t'garden fence!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?