Is F1 on it's way out?

canarieslover 19:35 04 Nov 2009

First Honda quit, then BMW anounced that they were going. This week we learned that Toyota had had enough and now perhaps Renault will follow. click here Will there be enough competitors to fill the grid next season???

interzone55 19:51 04 Nov 2009

The simple answer is Yes, there will be enough teams, as there are already 3 new teams, with a fourth, Sauber, ready to take Toyota's place.

canarieslover 20:13 04 Nov 2009

And what tyres will they use?? click here

polish 20:18 04 Nov 2009

i dont think so but it is in danger its far to exspensive all round competing or even going to watch bernie and co have to act i bet max mosely has got a bit of a smug smile having predicted this a while ago

interzone55 20:28 04 Nov 2009

Bridgestone are pulling out at the end of 2010 season, plenty of time for Goodyear or Pirelli to sort out a contract...

Strawballs 22:23 04 Nov 2009

When they decided on Bridgestone Michelin were also wanting to supply

MAJ 23:34 04 Nov 2009

F1 has been on the way out for years. It has become so boring that I can't even remember half of the drivers. Watch the next GP on TV, after the start, the spectators lounge around on the grass banks having a few drinks instead of watching the 'race', hell, even cricket is in danger of becoming more watchable. By the way, who's the annoying interviewer (forgotten his name) that pukes everyone just before the start of the race, the guy who thinks it's cool to call David Coulthard DC? Get rid of him!!

Noldi 06:15 05 Nov 2009

Hope it all keeps going because Motorsport, F1 employs a lot of people in the UK, and that brings in a lot of money.

MAJ Martin Brundle is the name you are looking for, ex F1 driver and was DC`s manager when he was racing.

Noldi

ened 06:41 05 Nov 2009

If Mosley is looking smug it is only because he managed to finish off his enemies before he went - although I think Briatore gave him a little help in his own case.

Noldi I don't think he is talking about Brundle but that Jake something or other.

Does anybody else wish they would get rid of the commentator who shares with Martin Brundle? I have found him to be fatuous and often either he left me confused or bored with his constant repetitions when we can already see for ourselves.

Come back Murray!

morddwyd 07:26 05 Nov 2009

Not quite yet.

There's still a few thousand pounds of profit to be made from exploiting the drivers and fans.

The money men will squeeze it dry before they allow it to go to the wall.

Noldi 11:40 05 Nov 2009

"who's the annoying interviewer (forgotten his name) that pukes everyone just before the start of the race, the guy who thinks it's cool to call David Coulthard DC?"

Jake Humphries presents the show Brundle is the one doing the grid walk about.

"Does anybody else wish they would get rid of the commentator who shares with Martin Brundle? I have found him to be fatuous and often either he left me confused or bored with his constant repetitions when we can already see for ourselves."

But he is still miles better than James Allen who we had with ITV.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?