Ever thought you could write a good book?

peter99co 12:40 03 Oct 2008

Perhaps this could give you inspiration

click here

If you are living on beans and cups of tea it might be a good idea to give it some thought.

Pine Man 12:50 03 Oct 2008

If your only solid food is beans forget writing a book and change your diet. For the sake of those around you;-)

peter99co 12:58 03 Oct 2008

JK used to write while she sat in a Cafe. She was in the cafe to keep warm.

The owners of her favourite cafe, Nicolson's, would let her stay all day - Jessica sleeping at her side - as she wrote out the stories in longhand, having ordered only a glass of water and an espresso.

interzone55 13:48 03 Oct 2008

I've started many books, but rarely manage to keep up the momentum beyond about page 10.

The problem I always have is character names, I can devise a fantastic (in my mind) plot, brilliant locations and characters, but I always fail miserably with character names.

At the same time I have trouble remembering names, I remember faces, and who the person is, but I'm stumped when it comes to their name...

peter99co 14:00 03 Oct 2008

Her habit of devising fantasy stories when she should have been working led to her being sacked more than once.

I was usually scribbling bits of my latest stories in the margins of the pad or thinking up names for my characters

Best keep trying!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie