Ever injured yourself gaming?

Managing ed 11:48 08 Jun 2007

A doctor in Spain has officially 'diagnosed' Nintendo Wii tennis elbow:

click here

But this is nothing new, games have always been lethal:

click here

So what I want to know is, has anyone ever injured themselves playing a game?

Rest assured, this thread is in the interests of serious PCAdvisor.co.uk research (and having a bit of a chuckle on a Friday afternoon).

Matt

Belatucadrus 12:05 08 Jun 2007

Other than giving myself that rather disconcerting motion sickness style feeling for an hour after a vastly overextended Quake session, no.

tullie 12:48 08 Jun 2007

Hurt myself playing football(game init?)

dagbladet 12:54 08 Jun 2007

Same as Belatucadrus, motion sickness

I'm not a big gamer, but I once tried a WW2 game where I was a soldier who walked around finding things and shooting Germans (first person game?). After about an hour of looking up and around made me feel sick for a couple of hours after. I like flight sims and don't have the same problem with them.

wolfie3000 13:35 08 Jun 2007

Motion sickness is well known about in some games, especialy driving games.

Iv never really injured myself while playing games,
I think the only one i can think of was when i once caught my finger in the cd drive when it closed.

missingit 14:31 08 Jun 2007

Does a clout round the ear from the other half count,she says I had been playing long enough,in fact she had said it several times,prior to the clout.

Forum Editor 17:03 08 Jun 2007

playing the Eton wall game. Matron took me straight to her room and sorted it out though.

wolfie3000 17:08 08 Jun 2007

"Eton wall game."

Is there a demo i can download and can it be played online?

wolfie3000 17:09 08 Jun 2007

also any screenshots?

Si_l 17:13 08 Jun 2007

I went to a bowling place once, and they had an arcade shooting game, and you have to put the giant goggles on to see the screen, and I was smacked in the head with a pool cue by a mate when I had my head inside these goggles.

FungusBoggieman 17:46 08 Jun 2007

I got over excited once fell of my chair and sprained my wrist playing dod sorce once, the only thing was it was my mouse hand (right) coulden`t play for at least a week
that was a bummer well to me it was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone