Ever had an Hair-Raising Experience!!!

spuds 14:02 04 Sep 2006

Have you ever done something perhaps slightly Hair-Raising crazy or perhaps not normal, then thought "That was great, but I shouldn't have perhaps done that".There must be something in your mind, that will remain for ever. Why not share that experience with someone else. Here's that opportunity perhaps!.

Here's one person who use to keep many people in awe as to his bravery or hair-raising craziness,but sadly. he is no longer with us click here

Sethhaniel 15:19 04 Sep 2006

on the FE off day ;)

Al94 15:26 04 Sep 2006

No hair!

Kate B 16:11 04 Sep 2006

This is a family forum - I don't think I can post my experience that comes under that heading *chuckle*

johndrew 16:25 04 Sep 2006

Rather interesting that a guy who `played` with some of the most dangerous and poisonous creatures on the face of this earth gets taken out by a creature that is recognised as being very placid until annoyed.

Perhaps he did annoy it.

diamond-joe 16:25 04 Sep 2006

Abseiling out of a Wessex helicopter on a very cold & windy night on to a small crag on a mountain side on Mountain Rescue Training.

DrScott 17:03 04 Sep 2006

the underwater tunnel at the Royal Marine training base at Lympstone - I was about 15 at the time and in the cadets. Terrifying but thrilling at the time...

Mr Mistoffelees 18:08 04 Sep 2006

Last year I had my first, and so far only, ride on a rollercoaster, The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure beach.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:08 04 Sep 2006

Hair-Raising

Charged up to 500 thousand volts by a Van de Graaff generator.

josie mayhem 23:13 04 Sep 2006

I think you know this streatch of road?

Between Aller and Overy, going from Aller towards Overy you have the real twisted bit for several miles....

In the eighties I was driven through this at over 70mph hair-rasing or what. I will admit that I was scared real scared I didn't enjoy it at all. In fact when we were droped off in Bridgwater out side a pub, first thing I did was striaght into said pub and a double short downed in one.... Shacking from head to toe was a understatement.....

Sadley the lad that drove us through this streach of road at break neck speed (I shall always remember part of his numberplate MAD) died several weeks later on his motorbike...

Not as you might assume riding in a dangerous manner... but at slow speed. He was cliped off his bike at about 15-20mph rolled a little hitting a lamp post, but stood straight up and walked away unscratched. Even his bike was almost unmarked from the accident.

Several hours later he was getting soreness accross his chest, so nagged by friends and inforced to go to A&E to check weather he had either bruised or cracked a rib off they went.

Waited to be seen, and the went in to see the doctor the next thing every one knew was doctors saying he was off to theater and asking for his parents contact details and get them here now....

Sadley due to a ruptured A-alter he never made it through, and I shall always be haunted by the telephone call, 20 years on I still can't belevie that he's not with us any more all due to a simplistic accident.

wolfie3000 01:14 05 Sep 2006

I think the most hair raising experience iv ever had was a car accident, I managed to split a ford capri in two,

I still bear the scars.

Luckely no one was hurt well except me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?