Ever appeared on TV or in a Paper?

hereford456 19:09 17 Aug 2007

I was a film extra many years ago & got about 5 seconds on prime time TV.

SB23 19:26 17 Aug 2007

I was 16, and my first "serious" girlfriend dragged me to Cardiff to march against cruelty to animals, and the welsh news people were there to film it. That evening, even though I had tried to hide from the cameras, there we all were, for my parents to see.
I've also been on the radio, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was for. (Must have been really important, lol).
As for a paper, not yet, I'm still waiting for my 5 mins of fame, lol.

octal 19:37 17 Aug 2007

Back in the late 1970's I played the part of a Dutchman captured by the Germans and forced to send signals back to London as disinformation, later the Dutchman was shot and the Germans continued to send signals unbeknown London had already established it wasn't the same operator sending morse. The story of the Dutchman was true, it was part of the SOE Europe series filmed by the BBC.

tullie 19:40 17 Aug 2007

I was on the tv once,until my wife told me to get down.

Totally-braindead 19:48 17 Aug 2007

I know some of the people who are in the original Highlander film, could have been one myself but was busy at the time.
From what they said to me afterwards I'm kind of glad I didn't bother as they spent all day running up and down hills and even their own mothers wouldn't recognise them as they were so heavily made up. Should have said they were extras, I think you got £20 for the day.
Half of them could hardly walk the next day after all the running. I'm sure its their "claim to fame".

Kate B 19:50 17 Aug 2007

Er, yeah. Loads of times ;-)

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:57 17 Aug 2007

Only on Crimewatch :-(

G

Earthsea 19:59 17 Aug 2007

Yes, 4 magazines.

Jak_1 20:26 17 Aug 2007

Twice on the evening news buletins, first was out in Malta just before the New Years eve deadline for us having to be out of Malta during the Dom Mintoff regime, I was part of the flight deck crew on HMS Euryalus and the second time was as a ward medic in RNH Haslar in Gosport when they had a toxic gas leak at the Cyanmid factory. I was there in the background taking a patients blood pressure as the consultant was being interviewed.

Clapton is God 20:34 17 Aug 2007

Yep - both newspaper and TV - several times

WhiteTruckMan 20:57 17 Aug 2007

none of them credited or paid for :(

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?