Even God can make a mistake

Clapton is God 15:50 21 Mar 2008

For your entertainment at Easter.

Who can spot the mistake and disgusted shake of the head at 3:38? click here

Happy Easter to all!

Earthsea 16:10 21 Mar 2008

I spotted it, but did you spot the moonwalking bear?

Bingalau 17:11 21 Mar 2008

Clapton is God. Sorry, but that music does nothing for me and I couldn't wait that long before switching it off. Everybody to their own I suppose, but I would sooner have Johnny Cash any day...

Pineman100 17:55 21 Mar 2008

CiG - it's also a bit worrying that God can't sing *and* play the famous Layla high-key riff, both at the same time.

Bingalau - wash your mouth out with soap.

Bingalau 18:03 21 Mar 2008

Pineman100. I am sure Clapton is God will agree that we all have different tastes and opinions. Nevertheless I have given my mouth a quick rinse with the old carbolic soap. Ugghh..

Clapton is God 18:09 21 Mar 2008

Now, now chaps - let's not argue.

I agree with both of you.

Yes, we do all have different tastes and opinions (and, believe it or not, my musical tastes do stretch to many other musicians apart from EC).

However - Johnny Cash???

Bingalau, you have my deepest sympathy! ;-))

Coffee Adict 18:16 21 Mar 2008

To be fair most computer speakers are never going to do justice to this music, my lappy ones are useless.
Pineman100: Can you still sing and play the high key riff at 63, thought not, another one for the carbolic please.

Clapton is God 18:20 21 Mar 2008

Not quite 63. He doesn't reach that milestone until the 30th of this month!

Pineman100 18:55 22 Mar 2008

The answer to your question is yes (except for the 63 - I'm 65). But you wouldn't want to hear it. ;-)

However, I'm not God, and I'm not paid a gazillion quid for my concerts.

IClaudio 16:54 24 Mar 2008

CisG
The mistake's very easy to spot...

I haven't seen Clapton live since about 1964, when I went to Golders Green to see John Mayall featuring Clapton. Just me and 30 other fans in a tiny room above the pub under the railway bridge (?Green Man?, can't remember...).

Clapton, of course, was sensational, but the thing I remember most about the gig was Hughie Flint falling off the back of the tiny stage, complete with drum kit :)

Back then, it seemed like a pretty small group of enlightened people thought 'Clapton is God', nice to see CiG carrying the banner after all these years!

Forum Editor 17:40 24 Mar 2008

Like you, I saw him live in London on several occasions, but for me he has always fallen just short - there are better guitarists and better singers out there. Clapton has tried to sing the blues, but again doesn't quite cut it for me - I can name several much better blues singers.

That's not to say he isn't a great performer - he is, but he isn't a god by a very long chalk..........in my opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?