ethernet?

User-95F741CA-9DE1-48F8-8DFEE97616730E0F 12:08 30 Sep 2004

thinking of going onto broadband and wanted to know if the ethernet connection is better than usb?

spikeychris 12:20 30 Sep 2004

In most cases USB uses more CPU resources than ethernet. Ethernet is an option I always use as it sits safer in the box and if you're using a laptop the weight of the USB modem puts to much pressure on the USB port. Plus its cheaper for a network card at a fiver....

fitcher 19:28 04 Oct 2004

I see no difference at all .. just been on the adsl site and downloaded my connection times ,, they are very good ..only when you try a machine with pay as you go, do you realise how slow it was ..I use the simple actel frog given free by asps,and connnected by the usb ,when you eventualy go wireless then get an ethernet , but that is only my view ,,take care

SEASHANTY 20:27 04 Oct 2004

NTL engineer told me ethernet was easier to set up on BB when I changed from dialup. He told me that the USB required drivers and that they sometimes caused problems. Hence I use ethernet. It works fine with three PC's to a router - all using wired
ethernet connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?