Epicurean virtue

Seth Haniel 22:37 27 Nov 2010

click here

Bright-eyed and bushy tailed, squirrels are cute, furry and, apparently, very edible.

Forum Editor 23:37 27 Nov 2010

where fried squirrel was one of the dishes on the barbecue style menu. I declined the offer of a taste, but plenty of people tucked in with evident satisfaction.

sunnystaines 08:25 28 Nov 2010

squirrel are a pest round here, if they became a popular dish like i have seen in florida it might keep the numbers down.

Quickbeam 08:34 28 Nov 2010

Reminds me of the Dad's Army episode where Walker comes up with loads of pigeons to sell, then on the news they mention that all the pigeons from Trafalgar Square have disappeared:)

carver 08:46 28 Nov 2010

Can't see the difference between eating a squirrel and a rabbit, both are there to be eaten if you can, problem is that a lot of people see them as cute little things that they like to feed.

lucky1 09:01 28 Nov 2010

It's snowing heavily here and a squirrel's in the garden with a pile of snow on his head!

Quickbeam 09:07 28 Nov 2010

I've got the perfect spaniel for squirrel hunting, she can smell one from over two hundred yards away and climb halfway up an angled tree trunk in an ill-fated attempt to chase them out of the trees!

morddwyd 09:17 28 Nov 2010

"a lot of people see them as cute little things that they like to feed."

A lot of people also see them as rats, albeit tree rats!

I love rabbit, but rat?

I might eat it if the only other option was MacDonalds, but not given a free choice!

sunnystaines 09:20 28 Nov 2010

get one in your loft and any good views you had on them will quickly change, more so if they chew through cables up there.

if you take pride in a good lawn, forget it if squirrels move in.

Quickbeam 11:00 28 Nov 2010

The Chinese don't have a problem eating rats, nor the French a problem eating horses, nor me a problem eating the two pheasant I've cadged just this morning. It's all in the mind.

Seth Haniel 11:50 28 Nov 2010

squirrel flavoured crips a few years back :) country folk eat hedgehogs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?