England set to win 2022 World Cup

Quickbeam 08:40 05 Sep 2013

apparently...

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath Greg. In fact I'll stay with my long held prediction that I won't see another England World Cup win, or even a close call in my lifetime.

The will nor the hunger is just not there among the premiership players, whether there be 33% or 93% of premiership players that can play for England.

International achievement is just not remotely of any interest to English footballers other than how much they will make from shirt sales with their name on. It's no longer seen as the supreme pinnacle of a footballing career to play well in an England shirt in a team that gets into the last 4 games of a major international tournament.

1]: [click here

Nontek 09:13 05 Sep 2013

England set to win 2022 World Cup .... ROFL ...

Mr Mistoffelees 10:25 05 Sep 2013

As long as our top teams only employ foreign players and prima donnas, focused only on money, we don't stand a chance. Fortunately, for me at least, I don't give a monkey's about football.

spuds 11:42 05 Sep 2013

I bet Aitchbee can give the bookies odds on this event happening?.

What gets me with top class footballers and their teams, is how they keep telling the fans that they "must stay focused", or "we all need to work together".

Its a bit like being told by your refuse collector that its you job to empty the bins, while they are being paid to do so?.

Aitchbee 12:14 05 Sep 2013

I just heard Greg Dyke on the radio, say:-

"Nobody expects England to win the World Cup next year." [ie 2014].

... but, the bookies are [currently] giving odds of between 18/1 'n' 25/1 of that unlikely [but possible] event happening.

I reckon 66/1 would be a more realistic figure.

Quickbeam 14:00 05 Sep 2013

What's the odds on Scotland winning it... higher or lower?

Aitchbee 14:20 05 Sep 2013

A-ha, a trick question, QB.

Scotland can't possibly winnit, 'cos they're no longer innit!

Aitchbee 14:26 05 Sep 2013

... and please, let's not deviate from your OP, if you don't mind ;o]

Quickbeam 10:13 06 Sep 2013

Personally I think that there's more chance of Shergar entering and winning next week's St Ledger down the road!

Quickbeam 10:14 06 Sep 2013

...are there any odds on that possibility HB?

Aitchbee 11:02 06 Sep 2013

Stellar odds, QB! ... but if it's racenumber is number 10 ... I'll be 'on' it. [e/w] :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?