England now grows hottest chilli's

sunnystaines 15:55 24 Jan 2011

the naga viper now the hottist

click here

found tescos daves ghost chilli the other day for the first time it was hot but too hot.

Quickbeam 16:18 24 Jan 2011

I quite like chilli dishes, but I don't see the point of them being so hot that I need to get the fire extinguishers serviced before each meal!

jakimo 16:18 24 Jan 2011

And Chile is said grows wine beneficial to a healthy heart
click here

sunnystaines 16:35 24 Jan 2011

i find the sauces ok but eating the raw hot chilli is another saga i will avoid. your right.

interzone55 16:45 24 Jan 2011

I had a sauce made with Naga Ghost chilli last year and suffered hallucinations for about 10 minutes afterwards.

Some people collapsed on the floor after eating it.

Not really my idea of a good time...

Blackhat 18:12 24 Jan 2011

About 20 years ago I was introduced to a ‘Phal’. It was a popular dish in Birmingham and well known to about the hottest meal you could get. Once tried, never again.

click here
click here

Does anyone know if they are still servrd?

Marko797 19:26 24 Jan 2011

Phals are alive and kicking, fortunately, at my local Indian restaurant - it's my favourite curry.

Trouble is, from restaurant to restaurant, they differ in heat strength so consistency is lost, but that could be said of a madras, vindaloo or other curry.

It's the reason we've been going to the same place on a regular basis for umpteen years I guess. I must check out these chillis which sunnystaines has mentioned!

sunnystaines 21:16 24 Jan 2011

was anything dodgy added with initals lsd

sunnystaines 21:19 24 Jan 2011

i only tried the naga ghost sauce on food, not neat in spoons like you see on youtube, it was hot but not too hot to spoil.

there is a new sauce called terminator that is made with naga viper but not seen it in the stores.

john bunyan 21:56 24 Jan 2011

The top three levels of hot curry are: 3: Vindaloo (normally most people's top) ;2:Tinderloo and then 1:Pal or Phal. I find this a bit OTT and needed a big glass of iced water on hand when I last had it. Madras is below Vindaloo .
The bare naga ghost chilli is a bit too hot for me.

ams4127 22:31 24 Jan 2011

I hate and detest the wretched things. Indeed anything with onions, garlic or any spices at all makes me violently sick. Even if I don't know they are there I will still throw up. I have to be very careful what I order in restaurants. Many years ago I actually went to see a doctor about this affliction and his advice......"Don't eat anything with those things in it!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017