Energy Suppliers

pj123 16:43 18 Jun 2008

My current energy supplier (gas and electricity) has been steadily putting up the price and now it is getting too high.

I went to uswitch and found another supplier who quoted £136 a year less than my existing supplier, so I thought I would give them a ring and see if they would match the other offer.

Would you believe, if you are a new customer it is a freephone number. If you are an existing customer you have to pay for the phone call!!

pj123 18:07 18 Jun 2008

Just emailed my energy supplier and got an automatic response:

"Thank you for your email.

We will respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.

Did you know that ScottishPower was recently voted top for its online service in U-switch's bi-annual customer satisfaction survey.

So, as well as great prices we offer the best online service too"

So, 5 working days to answer an email is classed as "best online service"?

Every other company that I have had cause to email have always responded within 24 hours.

peter99co 18:14 18 Jun 2008

Latest news.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:31 18 Jun 2008

Signed a 3 year fixed price deal with Scottish Power 2 weeks ago :-))

G

laurie53 21:14 18 Jun 2008

Make sure you don't leave any vulnerable persons alone in your house.

If they, Scottish Power, erroneously believe that you have not paid your bill they send some really nasty heavies around to terrify them.

No link, just personal experience.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:23 19 Jun 2008

'they send some really nasty heavies around to terrify them'...bring them on, I am built like a brick outhouse and would welcome the chance to demonstrate my belief that debt collectors rely on intimidation rather than intelligence and the law.

crosstrainer 08:51 19 Jun 2008

Recently changed to Swalec from Eon. Good to deal with, saving money, all numbers are free, and you can monitor your usage online, providing your own meter readings if you wish.

In addition to that, if you have dual fuel (gas and electricity) you get a point for every £ spent on fuel which can be spent @ Argos when you wish.

johndrew 10:12 19 Jun 2008

It doesn`t really matter how big the `brick outhouse` is, there is always a harder one; even if smaller.

pj123 11:16 19 Jun 2008

crosstrainer, How strange because EON was the supplier with the lowest prices which would save me £136 a year.

Will have a look at Swalec.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?