Emirates Airlines Domain Subscription

Colin 08:05 01 Aug 2008

I found this quite amusing - especially the bit about the £10 direct debit.

click here

Forum Editor 09:01 01 Aug 2008

I host many of my clients' domain names, and have an automatic renewal system. Unless my clients tell me otherwise all domain names are renewed when they fall due, and the client gets an automated invoice - nobody at their end has to remember to do anything, except pay me when the bill arrives.

I would have thought that an airline could easily set up a similar routine.

€dstowe 09:05 01 Aug 2008

Almost as remiss as click here

spuds 11:13 01 Aug 2008

This as happened before with a large organisation that went off-line while the problem was sorted out. Whats a few dollars in domain renewal subscriptions, when we are talking about a multi billion dollar airline :O)

I use 1and1 plus another company for all our domains. Never had any problems, advisory email about a week or so before renewal, then funds taken via a direct payment arrangement. Nothing could be more easier or simple.

sunny staines 16:28 01 Aug 2008

not an airline i would fly with again, was not at all impressed with them.

Forum Editor 17:43 01 Aug 2008

I struggled to find even a remote connection between your opinion of your flight and the renewal of the domain name, but I've failed dismally.

sunny staines 19:46 01 Aug 2008

fe
there isn't it just brought back poor service memories.

ajm 20:20 01 Aug 2008

"not an airline i would fly with again, was not at all impressed with them." I totally disagree - I have flown with Emirates quite a lot of times to trips to Middle East and Asia subontinet and I have found them to be SUPERB. On many occassions I have been upgraded to their Business Class just by being polite to the staff - or maybe it could be that my brother works at a travel agent who is one of the top agents for Emirate sales.

I have also flown many times to Africa with BA and have found their service just as good as Emirates.

The worst airline I have flown is Iran Air and had the unfortunate experience of seeing two passenegers who were best friends figgting in mid air. They finally became friends again when food was served!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017