Emergency, clan loosing members and could fold.

wolfie3000 00:29 10 Jun 2007

A clan i belong to is in crisis and is loosing members fast.

click here

click here

click here

We are currently trying to come up with ideas to liven up the clan and stop the clan from folding on us,

click here

So has anyone got any ideas to help the clan become more popular again?
We play primeraly GTA vice city, MTA 0.5 Stunt.

I really dont want to see this clan break up.

Forum Editor 00:51 10 Jun 2007

when any group of people is losing members is to ask why - ask the people why they're leaving, and then set about removing the reasons - which is often easier to say than to do.

Find out why you're losing members, and then we'll try to help. I won't be of much use, because I now zilch about gaming, but others will offer suggestions, I'm sure.

wolfie3000 01:00 10 Jun 2007

Well we are talking about this at the moment, seems the clan has become boring,

On our forums hardly anyone is posting, this problem we cant really fix,
One suggestion was to have games on the forum like best game screenshot of the week, and so on.

We think the main problem is that our server is nearly always empty, theres a few reasons for this,

One reason is that many clan members are off playing other games,
Secondly GTA Vice city is an old game, so people tend to play GTA San Andreas which is the newer version.

As for solutions some ideas have been put forward like switching to GTA San andreas,
Personaly i dont like this idea as the clan was born from GTA Vice city.

Another idea i put forward was to hold competitions on the server, like a destruction derby or a race.

But it is getting serious now as other clan members have mentioned leaving too.

wolfie3000 01:17 10 Jun 2007

I really dont want our clan to breakup as we had so much fun playing.

The clan in better days.
click here

wee eddie 08:22 10 Jun 2007

From Paul van Dyke

There's a time for living low down
There's a time for getting high
A time for peace, a time for fighting
A time to live, a time to die

Maybe there's a time to move on as well. That's all very well because one is familiar with the here and now, and elsewhere can be disturbing. Among other things one is no longer a prince but a pauper, having to build from scratch once again.

Totally-braindead 10:38 10 Jun 2007

I don't play online games, its not my thing really. But if the clan are all saying that they want to play other games and you'd prefer to stay with your original game then you have to change and move with the times. Or recruit members that want to play the original game.
If a lot of the others are bored with playing the same games all the time they will just go elsewhere where they can play what they want, I don't see that you have much choice if you want to hold on to your original clan members, you can't force them to stay if they no longer enjoy it.
Can you not keep the original games and just add the others - give them more choice?

Forum Editor 10:44 10 Jun 2007

which is the newer version."

There's your answer - right there, in that statement. It's time to move on or die, wolfie.

wee eddie 13:37 10 Jun 2007

Move the whole lot of you to the newest incarnation of the Game, which you say is called GTA San Andreas. Then the Clan may stay intact.

Nibblerman 14:11 10 Jun 2007

Hi Wolfie what kinda game is this as i might be able to get the word out for you.i mean is it a fully playable game or just competitions?

wolfie3000 16:32 10 Jun 2007

Well we are still in talks over the whole situation,

Nibblerman,

It is a fully playable game,

The game we use is GTA Vice city, played online using MTA 0.5

click here;41906

And this is MTA SA (San andreas)

click here

wolfie3000 16:35 10 Jun 2007

Sorry about the url mistake, here is the proper one,

GTA Vice city, MTA 0.5

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?