Elton John on ITV.

wmoore 10:05 01 Jan 2009

Did anyone watch the Elton John concert on the TV last night ? Did you notice he was slurring his words on 'Candle in the wind' he didn't seem to be with it at times.

Comments.

Clapton is God 10:08 01 Jan 2009

"he didn't seem to be with it at times"

And you've only just noticed??

Forum Editor 10:11 01 Jan 2009

a trillion times, and is probably heartily sick of it by now. I watched him sing the song, and though t that his voice is beginning to reflect the fact that he's in his sixties, and has burned his personal candle at both ends for decades.

wmoore 10:31 01 Jan 2009

And you've only just noticed??

I must admit I haven't seem him perform in a long time, I think forum editor is right about burning his candle at both ends.

newman35 11:01 01 Jan 2009

" .about burning his candle at both ends.."

Too much information for New Year's morning. (;-)

Legolas 11:54 01 Jan 2009

LOL

Stuartli 11:56 01 Jan 2009

Only ITV would cut Elton off to carry advertisements just as he started a number and then rejoin half-way through the song.

I got so cheesed off with the coverage that I gave up in disgust to watch the end of Jools Holland's annual knees-up.

Al94 11:57 01 Jan 2009

He was never a great singer but a fantastic showman. I thought he looked relaxed and enjoying himself. Quite a few bum notes though!

Stuartli 11:59 01 Jan 2009

I also thought that Elton's voice is beginning to reflect his age, but probably not surprising in view of the fact he's a rock singer and undertakes dozens of concerts each year.

Didn't stop the great Frank Sinatra enjoying so many comebacks though despite his long years in show business.

Al94 12:03 01 Jan 2009

I missed part of it as we turned over to watch the London fireworks on BBC1 - one of the most spectacular displays I have ever seen.

jakimo 12:35 01 Jan 2009

Smooth radio played a recording of "candle" this morning, what a difference to what I heard last night,is it time he hung up his stirrup,and took up fishing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires