Election Issues

morddwyd 10:17 31 Mar 2010

Sorry FE, I know it's bit sensitive, but we're talking really important stuff here.

While you lot down south only have the economy, welfare, education and such to worry about, here in Scotland our local TV news service is dependent on the whim of the English electorate.

If Labour get in we get a new franchise, and if the Tories make it then we don't!

click here

Elections have been won and lost on lesser issues!

Quickbeam 10:40 31 Mar 2010

The only issue I have is that even after returning to cast my vote in the local elections last year, I still don't see what could be any different whoever I might have voted for.

I haven't voted in a general election since the '97 'new beginning'... I'm still waiting for that, and I don't currently see myself voting again this year.

I'm not hearing anything new... are you listening politicians? Negative campaigns fall negative on me, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

michaelw 12:44 31 Mar 2010

...I haven't voted in a general election since the '97 'new beginning'... I'm still waiting for that, and I don't currently see myself voting again this year...

That's a shame. Anyone who doesn't vote is allowing the party they least wish to win to get in. It's what democracy is all about. Women died to get the right to vote in this country. In third world countries a lot of people die wanting to vote.

I had to get my family out of Kenya and into Tanzania two years ago because of the rigged voting system caused an almost civil war.

I know this lot aren't anything to shout about, but at least we've got three parties to moan about. Some places only have one.

Quickbeam 12:54 31 Mar 2010

They've known for decades that they're losing the interest of the electorate. A direct result of negative campaigning over the years. I don't want any 'ya boo they suck' negativity aimed at me.

It's also my democratic right to not to bother, for whatever reason.

sunnystaines 14:15 31 Mar 2010

read your link, now if he still has a job why does he need resettlement money thats a waste of £65000.

morddwyd 15:43 31 Mar 2010

You may be right!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017