Eccentricity, what is it?

Aitchbee 21:02 13 Nov 2011
Answered

...it does not grow on trees, and you can't buy it.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:17 14 Nov 2011

Eccentricity, what is it?

Me.

mole44 10:16 14 Nov 2011

people doing something that some people in there society deviates from that societies "normal" behavior, i.e. "your odd you don't like football" when the rest of your group or society do. that's to say not conforming to your peers norms.

johndrew 10:21 14 Nov 2011

But the main problem is defining "normal" in an accurate, concise manner when various parts of the normal group consider others eccentric ;-))

Bingalau 10:32 14 Nov 2011

They are usually people on the verge of being lunatics, like some of us on this forum.

wiz-king 11:00 14 Nov 2011

Going round in an non-circlular orbit, cranky. --- Yup sound like us

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:04 14 Nov 2011

If you're rich your eccentric

If you're poor your nuts

john bunyan 11:04 14 Nov 2011

Fron an on line dictionary:

1. Departing from a recognized, conventional, or established norm or pattern. See Synonyms at strange.
  2. Deviating from a circular form or path, as in an elliptical orbit.
  3. a. Not situated at or in the geometric center. b. Having the axis located elsewhere than at the geometric center. n.
  4. One that deviates markedly from an established norm, especially a person of odd or unconventional behavior.
  5. Physics A disk or wheel having its axis of revolution displaced from its center so that it is capable of imparting reciprocating motion.
  interzone55 11:20 14 Nov 2011

It depends on the prevailing moral standards of the society.

What was considered eccentric in the past may be considered normal now, or it may now be criminal behaviour.

Reading sections of Brian Sewell's autobiography at the weekend was an eye-opener...

gengiscant 17:44 14 Nov 2011

**If you're rich your eccentric

If you're poor your nuts.**

So true.

Quickbeam 18:23 14 Nov 2011

Am I nuts to think I'm a poor eccentric...?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?