Ebay Courier Advice

silverous 12:40 10 Aug 2006

Hi,

I'm selling something on ebay, weighs about 4kg and is approximately 80 x 8 cm x 21 (W x H x D) - what's the 'best' way to send that to the buyer?

I normally use post office but its quite large to take to the post office and send. I did an online quote on here:

click here

and it appeared DHL would pick it up for 9.99 and deliver it in UK but that seemed very cheap, will they really do that for a tenner?!

What do you use for large/heavy items?...always difficult to estimate postage I find so tend to leave it as an 'extra' on the auction but maybe with the right website and an idea of dimensions and weight it isn't so hard?

pj123 16:47 10 Aug 2006

DHL price not bad.

According to the Post Office a 4kg package would cost £14.09

click here

£3.89 plus .85 per 250g = 1kg plus 12 x 250g at .85 = 14.09.

I generally use the Post Office as most other carriers want you to open an account before they will collect from you, but if you can get DHL to collect and deliver for £9.99 go for it.

silverous 16:51 10 Aug 2006

thanks

spuds 18:04 10 Aug 2006

Try ParcelForce click here You can do everything on-line. I have items weighing 30kg delivered for £30.00. Items from 1kg to 10kg for £13.82.

If you check via eBay, there are a number of advertisers who have special arrangements with ParcelForce. They offer their services for loads upto 30kg for rates starting from about £9.00 to £16.00. Well worth looking into.

Referring to DHL. First rate company. I have sent items overseas with them. They collect, package, do the necessary paperwork on your premises (driver as to verify products before packing), then provide tracking facilities. Regarding packaging, this is provided in the form of special envelopes and small containers, no wooden packing cases :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?