Ebay becoming a joke!

Uboat 13:48 20 Sep 2010

Two months ago someone in scotland hacked into my ebay account and kindly placed a advert on my account for some thomas cook vouchers well £2500 worth of them starting bid at £500, it was just by chance i noticed this and i was horrified that people has started the bidding!

I went to change my password BUT the hacker had already done that so i could access my account, i went to ebays "live chat" and i was littraly TWO hours sorting it out??

we did it in the end but i wasnt amused, NOW ive just had this email: "We can see that you've had contact with riitmo through eBay recently.

We think this eBay account has been used without the account owner's permission, so we're now restoring it to them"...? (THEM.????)

So here we go again i went to the Live Chat and the waiting time was "45 mins"! a joke i waited 5 mins to see if it was going to flutuate BUT it went a couple of mins longer?

WHY is my account getting hacked so much when i have very decent all round protection and its the paid progs not the freebies!

& WHY is Ebay chat so patheticly either understaffed or long winded.?

If they cant resolve this i think at 100+ posative transactions i'l be a "Gone" customer...

gengiscant 14:12 20 Sep 2010

Any problems I have had,very few and not as serious as yours,I have emailed ebay and had pretty quick reply.
It has become too big and lost sight of its original ideals.
I still use it but not as much as I used to.

I think the pressing issue here is how somebody else has managed to get your password.

Is your password strong? i.e. upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols, and preferably not a dictionary word?

Do you tend to use the same username / email address and password combination for all sites?

Is your email password unique (i.e. you don't use that particular password for ANYTHING else)?

Have you ever used a public computer to access ebay or any other login that uses the same username / password combination?

Does anyone else know it?

Uboat 14:49 20 Sep 2010

[email protected]

I NEVER use public pc's or access my accounts on other pc's, my password is 17 numbers/letters!

i dont use the same password on any other account apart from a email address i havent used in months, so i'm lost as to why they have gained it.?

gengiscant, hi yes i have noticed Ebay starting to show cracks! i'm as good as exhausted with them tbh..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?