Ebay

keith-236134 08:25 01 Mar 2006

Im trying to build a new comp with bits from ebay, just wondering how they manage to out bid you in the last seconds, the gits.

Diodorus Siculus 08:27 01 Mar 2006

Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay
click here

rmcqua 08:53 01 Mar 2006

Auctionstealer is another one.

pc_sausage 09:01 01 Mar 2006

I still prefer the manual method.

Nothing like posting your bid with 5 seconds to go (giving no-one time to respond).

I still never understand why anyone bids when there's still 5 or 6 days to go, unless they're not going to be at a PC again.

Sniping adds to my e-bay enjoyment.

octal 09:12 01 Mar 2006

I have found the best way to combat sniping is to get it in your own mind how much you are willing to pay for an item, then place this maximum bid in and let Ebay bid on your behalf. Never place a bid in any longer than a minute before the end of the sale so you can keep an eye on how the bidding is going, unless you are not around to see the end, then that can't be helped. And never exceed your maximum bid, don't get carried away.

I've won several high value items using that method and have out-bid the snipers every time and got the item for the price I want to pay, which is normally far less than my maximum bid.

Its all down to knowing the value of a item and how much you are willing to pay.

spuds 12:25 01 Mar 2006

Agree with octal.That's the method I generally follow.

But the last minute or 5 seconds to go bid, can result in a lost item if your system gets slow.

SG Atlantis® 17:08 01 Mar 2006

I'm currently winning a cd for 6p!

2hr 54 left to go.

I bid on and lost 2 of the same item before.

The title is a bit strange, it's a soundtrack but he called it a compilation so it was never found in my original searches, I just happened to come across it. Feels like I'm taking advantage or something.

skidzy 19:11 01 Mar 2006

S.G
Glad to hear your past bay experiences are behind you now,maybe better luck buying than selling... :-) Lol

eqskey 16:32 02 Mar 2006

Always check postal charges.One guy was charging £40 costs to sent a motherboard(should be around £5/6). When someone asked him if this was a typing error he indignantly reasoned his costs.£10 was to cover his time spent going to the Post Office.The other £30 was similarly explained away for packaging ......etc
Good news was that it did'nt sell.

Some seller ask you to contact them for their costs.Fair enough but you can't do this if you arrive late-in to an auction bid.Stay clear especially if it is a small item like a cpu etc.

Talking of cpu's ~ I just love the people who are selling cpu chips and they state that they have no means of testing it.When you check their other items for sale ,you find that it is all computer bits!!!Swines. But watch the mugs gambling good money for them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone