perpetual motion 02:49 26 Dec 2008

she was a great woman singer/actress thats two famous people in two days

click here

laurie53 09:19 26 Dec 2008

Dream woman.

Another part of my youth goes.

crosstrainer 09:20 26 Dec 2008

Very sad newa...Also Harold Pinter...

Alway's seems to happen at this time of year.....OR am I just getting old?

canarieslover 10:13 26 Dec 2008

Completely agree. My first love!!

Forum Editor 10:16 26 Dec 2008

"Alway's seems to happen at this time of year"

Huge numbers of people die at Christmas time every year; it just happens that sometimes one or two of them are famous, so you hear about it.

spuds 13:20 26 Dec 2008

She was only a pussy cat with a big purrr, but what a purrr.

Perhaps time to bring out my old cd's/dvd's!.

Chas49 20:49 26 Dec 2008

It would appear that we are 'getting on a bit' for we remember that famous purr and that intense look she had when singing - she managed to be sexy without titivating the audience by revealing flesh and the use of obscenities - not that I'm grumbling about those that do - just saying that she was special.

rdave13 20:59 26 Dec 2008

The lady certainly used a minimal of flesh and used it to great effect.click here

bluto1 22:31 26 Dec 2008

Thanks for the undeserved cold shower. Regardless of your reply to the time of her death, the members were obviously expressing honest opinions.
Death of a well known and well loved artiste at this time of the year is a rather poignant thing. I would suggest you leave well alone.

Forum Editor 23:43 26 Dec 2008

Don't be so ridiculous. I gave nobody an "undeserved cold shower", I was simply pointing out to someone else that although it might seem that famous people die at Christmas time it is merely a coincidence.

Perhaps it's you who should 'leave well alone', and not involve yourself in something that wasn't addressed to you.

Stuartli 23:48 26 Dec 2008

I don't believe the thread title needed what we used to term a "snot drop".

Eartha Kitt had a long and mostly fulfilled life style and, through the medium of records and other recording methods, her considerable talent will be available to us for many years to come.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?