Eagle eyes

Quickbeam 10:27 11 Feb 2009

Just got back from the green lanes with the dogs. My Cocker bitch that will only route out game and never play, unearthed a hibernating vole and brought it to me for praise.

Anyway as it was showing signs of coming too in the warm sunlight, I thought it best to leave it to nature to decide if it went back into hibernation or not. I hadn't gone a hundred yards before a falcon of some sort swept down from a nearby copse, but over 300 yards away, and carried it away in one swift swoop... amazing.

Marko797 12:12 11 Feb 2009

That takes feeding the birds to whole new level.

rawprawn 12:55 11 Feb 2009

A Falcon Vole a Vent

sunnystaines 14:39 11 Feb 2009

i thought the thread was on eagle eyes sunglasses best ones i had ever had.

laurie53 20:21 11 Feb 2009

A couple of years ago my wife and I were delighted to see our first butterfly of the Spring.

For about seven seconds that is, when a Blue Tit swooped on it!

It is truly said, "Nature red in tooth and claw".

peter99co 22:02 11 Feb 2009

Keep Feeding the birds they must be hungry at this time of the year.

I caught a huge spider (2 inch leg to leg)last year and took it out to the middle of the lawn.
It only managed to run a yard before a bird swooped on it.

I was told that a spider just comes back in the house if you only put it outside the door.

Forum Editor 22:10 11 Feb 2009

Your spider was what's called a house spider. They commonly live in houses, but the myth that they'll always return to the house if you put them outside is just that - a myth. When these spiders evolved there were no houses. They lived in crevices in fallen trees and in caves, and they still do - you'll often find them if you have a log pile in the garden.

Stuartli 00:33 12 Feb 2009

I buy a 20kg bag of wild bird seed from a local pet store for £12.99 - it lasts about a month.

Compared to the supermarkets' 1.8kg bags of the same type of product at just under £3 a time, it's a bargain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone