E-Books

josecoul 18:01 01 Mar 2006

does anyone know anything about E-books??

Diodorus Siculus 18:15 01 Mar 2006

Ebook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
click here

Totally-braindead 18:41 01 Mar 2006

Some more click here

josecoul 18:45 01 Mar 2006

that website is really interesting thanks. but whats bugging me is that i can see no real point in having them!!

do people really read books on the internet?

or is it jst for finding quotes or references for study??

is there an ebook for every piece of literature?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:07 01 Mar 2006

ebooks are mainly for selling to hapless people on Ebay so that they can sell them to hapless people on Ebay so that they can sell them to hasless people......you get the drift.

G

Haol 19:16 01 Mar 2006

I have eBooks, it's easier to carry around 10 ebooks and laptop or pda rather than 10 big books in a heavy.

josecoul 19:30 01 Mar 2006

i can see i mite of hit on quite a controversial topic here. but i agree with Gandalf, that point has confirmed my views. And why not take advantage of the ebook lovers!

Totally-braindead 19:55 01 Mar 2006

I must admit I haven't got round to reading any ebooks but I might. Some of the books are out of print and therefore the only place you can get them is on the web. Or perhaps a second hand book sale.
Gandalf I presume is refering to the idiots who buy ebooks on Ebay unaware that the books are in fact free and the ones offering them as a business opportunity to sell them on to other people who also presumably also do not know they are free.
Anyone want to buy a slightly used crisp wrapper reputed to have been eaten by Leonardo Da Vinci?

VCR97 20:25 01 Mar 2006

Sitting in my comfy armchair with a book on my lap, or sitting in front of a computer? I know which I prefer.

Belatucadrus 22:04 01 Mar 2006

I downloaded a couple of free ones from Amazon, but I hate reading pdf documents and ebooks are no better. Not an enjoyable experience.

josecoul 22:09 01 Mar 2006

thats it really. the whole experiance of an Ebook is not going to be enjoyable. but i can see the advantage of finding facts and quotes to be useful.
good stuff boys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?