Dublin

GRIDD 21:17 09 Sep 2008

Recommendations for a nice restaurant and things to do over two days?

We're staying over for the night but we'll be at a concert in the evening so it's day time activity. Been to the Zoo previously on a day trip a couple of months back.

Clapton is God 21:26 09 Sep 2008

Wander around the Temple Bar area.

Loads of places to eat, drink and listen to (free) music.

Have a look at the Book of Kells in Trinity College library.

Jim Thing 22:29 09 Sep 2008

The National Gallery of Ireland is well worth a visit if you're into that sort of thing; it's just off the NW corner of Merrion Square and v. handy for Trinity College and the Book of Kells. It also has a nice cafeteria-style restaurant in a glass-roofed courtyard where they do a decent lunch. The National Museum, Natural History Museum Irish Parliament Building and St. Stephen's Green are just around the corner, and all the above are within easy walking distance of Pearse station on the DART rapid-transit line.

Dublin is fairly pricey these days because of the dreadful Stirling/Euro exchange rate.

Al94 22:29 09 Sep 2008

We often use this one in Temple Bar click here not expensive and good service.

Jim Thing 22:33 09 Sep 2008

Stirling = sterling. I need a new keyboard.

GRIDD 22:34 09 Sep 2008

I'm staying beside St.Stephen's Green which is near the National Concert Hall, which we will be attending.

Jim Thing 23:00 09 Sep 2008

All the places I've mentioned are just a few hundred yards from the National Concert Hall, on the far side of St. Stephen's Green.

GRIDD 23:14 09 Sep 2008

Thanks Jim Thing. I'm going on Thursday through to Friday so I will leave this unticked til then.

I've taken a scribble of the places you've listed as well as the Temple Bar area.

Jim Thing 23:21 09 Sep 2008

You're welcome. Have a nice trip.

Forum Editor 00:21 10 Sep 2008

is actually a short cab ride from the city, but it's worth it, I assure you. I can't go to Dublin without eating in this place at least once

If you have time you'll be glad you made the effort.

click here

SimpleSimon1 11:54 10 Sep 2008

The King Sitric is wonderful. It's on the DART so if you over-indulge you can stagger on the train back to Belfast. The food and service are excellent and it's not unknown for seals to surface just offshore and look hopefully at you and your fish dish.

Can't remember but I think they can also organise direct sales of smoked salmon for you to take away (much better price than at Dublin Airport). If not, they can certainly tell you where to go in Howth, to buy some.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.....enjoy (you lucky so and so) :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?