Driving gloves.. are golfing gloves suitable

AL47 19:22 25 Oct 2010

im getting a convertible car tomorrow and me being me ill have the top down in the winter and the only part of me that gets cold will be my hands on the wheel

i dont really like any of the driving gloves but ive seen a nice pair of golfing gloves and was wondering as the grip is not too dissimilar if they would be suitable?

wiz-king 19:26 25 Oct 2010

Should be if they cover the tops of your hands, thats the part that will be exposed to the air. If you have a tack shop near you then have a look at riding gloves. like these click here

karmgord 19:32 25 Oct 2010

Only for a GOLF convertible :- )

wiz-king 20:23 25 Oct 2010

Got it to a tee!

grey george 20:28 25 Oct 2010

Supposed to rain tomorrow :( so you'll need a brolly as well. I thought golfers only wore one glove. Riding gloves would do, but they range from dear to unbelievably expensive.

AL47 20:44 25 Oct 2010

lol at the jokes :)

my gf has a horse i could always use hers but i think i need some permanent ones, i was looking at these

click here

AL47 20:45 25 Oct 2010

and no not a golf a honda :)

grey george 21:13 25 Oct 2010

They look a little bulky, will you be able to opperate all the essentials controls? The way they fit makes it look like they would be hard to remove quickly which might me an issue. I guess an s2000 (very nice) I don't think they make a drop top jazz. I would use it a little first because I recon modern designs and heaters may mean you don't need gloves at all. How about a set Dick Dastardly's gauntlets.

karmgord 21:14 25 Oct 2010

Which Honda,your right honda or your left Honda?

AL47 21:51 25 Oct 2010

is an s2000 :)

yes i may well give it a few runs to see if its ok first, im a person that likes the cold [climate control always to less than 20] love dry cold mornings, hate the heat! but i dont want numb hands at the wheel, hmmm

and in answer to the last post... its a right hand honda obv :p .. yes i get the joke btw haha

wee eddie 22:03 25 Oct 2010

If it's cold enough to need gloves you'll have the top up anyway.

If you really 'do' need Gloves, just don a pair of these, click here and forget the fancy leather outers which are for 'poseurs' anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires