Dress code in supermarkets

gartoy 21:05 28 Jan 2010

Admittedly I often turn up unshaven in jeans & a creased shirt, however I think the management do have a point here.

click here

peter99co 21:12 28 Jan 2010

"So they're going to lose their custom with people going to other shops to buy stuff and they're allowed in with their pyjamas on."

I wonder if grandad will try to buy his fags in his longjohns?

Picklefactory 21:32 28 Jan 2010

Clothes are clothes, they are simply pieces of material stitched together to cover bodies, the rest is just colour, fashion and people overcomplicating things to find a problem where there is none. I can't see any reason to differentiate between her wearing her jami's and wearing jeans and a tee shirt, she is still just as covered.

Pure snobbery.

Sometimes the human race should just get a life.

Forum Editor 22:43 28 Jan 2010

If people are too bone idle to bother to get dressed before popping out for a "packet of fags" they deserve to be turned away.

Shopping in your pyjamas and slippers indicates to all and sundry that you are a lazy slob. We all know that we're turning into a nation of lazy slobs, there's no need to confirm it by being too bone idle to put on some clothes before going out.

Well done Tesco.

Forum Editor 22:44 28 Jan 2010

I wonder if you were aware of just how hilarious that was before you posted it.

gartoy 22:50 28 Jan 2010

People wandering round the store wearing the same clothes they went to bed in would certainly discourage me from browsing.

The line has to be drawn somewhere & I commend the store management for doing so.

mrwoowoo 22:58 28 Jan 2010

"Shopping in your pyjamas and slippers indicates to all and sundry that you are a lazy slob."
N

mrwoowoo 23:16 28 Jan 2010

OOOPS.. What happened there?
"Shopping in your pyjamas and slippers indicates to all and sundry that you are a lazy slob."
Never agreed with anything so much in my life.
I must say i am amazed when i see this happening.
I would be so embarassed to be seen shopping in public in my bedware ( especially since i sleep in the buff (O:! ) that i can only assume these people are very thick skinned or just thick. I suspect the later.
What happened to having a bit of pride in your appearance.
Also health and safety would not allow employees to walk around barefoot due to increased risk of slipping or standing on a sharp object.
So this Tesco score could be protecting it self from a compensation claim.

spuds 23:38 28 Jan 2010

Perhaps this is an added version of 'nightdress' mum's taking their kid's to school.

The next thing, someone will be talking about 'parental control' when kid's do something wrong.

Quickbeam 00:34 29 Jan 2010

"I wonder if grandad will try to buy his fags in his longjohns?"
Hopefully with the flap fully buttoned up:)

Quickbeam 00:34 29 Jan 2010

...and what about fluffy pink slippers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017