peter99co 13:07 04 Feb 2010

click here

A scale model of the Forth Railway Bridge

Any Lego fans out there?

Quiller. 13:38 04 Feb 2010
  Macscouse 13:40 04 Feb 2010

Just past the third one.

bremner 13:48 04 Feb 2010

Well according to the bridges own website it is the Forth Railway Bridge click here

Seth Haniel 13:49 04 Feb 2010

I'm going to Scotland again in a couple of weeks to visit friends over in Fife just over the Forth Bridge - and i'm sure I won't be driving across what you suggest

;)

lotvic 15:23 04 Feb 2010

It's just after the thurd one

Seth Haniel 15:58 04 Feb 2010

you can't win - if you'de just called it the Forth Bridge* - it would have been brought up with the search to prove that since 1964 with the Fourth Road Bridge along side it - that it is the Forth Rail Bridge.

(*pedantic - marked by a narrow, often tiresome focus on or display of learning and especially its trivial aspects)

peter99co 16:16 04 Feb 2010

I don't think a road bridge is worth a model as it will need replacing well before the rail bridge.

The wires that make up the cables are slowly snapping and they don't have an answer. The Severn Road bridge is going the same way.

Seth Haniel 16:25 04 Feb 2010

click here

A Fifth Forth Bridge

john bunyan 16:57 04 Feb 2010

Do you ever admit you are wrong? I do admire your tenacity even if irritated by it! It was the Forth Bridge but now, to distinguish it from it's neighbour, it is the Forth Railway Bridge and the analogy with films is irrelevant.... But you won't agree!!

bremner 16:57 04 Feb 2010

When the railway bridge over the Firth of Forth was built it was called the Forth Bridge.

When the road bridge was built it was called the Forth Road Bridge and the original bridge became colloquially known as the Forth Railway Bridge. which has to all intents become its accepted name to the extent that the bridges own website calls it such.

Simples.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires