Dorian Gray

Bingalau 19:28 03 Oct 2009

I went to see this picture last night having memories of the first one "The Picture Of Dorian Gray" etched on my mind from many years ago. It is well worth watching as the special effects have been put to good use. I enjoyed it anyway, Has anybody else seen it and got an opinion?

morddwyd 19:50 03 Oct 2009

Dorian Gray is one of the few Wilde things that I cannot cotton to, don't know why, but sorry Bingalau, can't help.

Forum Editor 23:11 03 Oct 2009

and regret to say I thought it was dire.

A good example of the fact that you can't just take a wonderful story, fling a bunch of famous actors at it, and come up with something great.

Four out of ten from me.

jakimo 01:23 04 Oct 2009

I remember seeing "The Portrait of Dorian Grey" in the 1950s,I think George Sanders a popular actor of the day had the lead part and it was quite a good film, didn`t know there was a remake though

Cymro. 09:48 04 Oct 2009

I read the book a good few years ago. It is I think considered something of a classic but like many classics I found it rather disappointing. I have also seen the film version that jakimo mentions. Rather average I thought. I have not even heard about this new film version though. Anyone got a link to it?

Bingalau 10:43 04 Oct 2009

Cymro. Just google Odeon Cinemas... Most of the latest films on there with trailers etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone