Don't You Just Love The Older Generation

babybell 11:11 19 Oct 2007

I thought i would share with you all the wisdom of my wonderful parents. Yesterday i received a text messge from my sister which read:

"You won't believe this but I have just won a trip to Greece for me and 5 friends which inludes £2000 spending money! I know its short notice but if your free on the 29th of November....would you mind putting my bin out for me"

I of course chuckled to myself and thought my parents would enjoy the joke to, so i read it to them. When i got to the end i was met with silence and my mothers face was a picture! She looked at me dumbfounded then said "Why would she want you to put the bins out when she knows i will be at home? I shook my head in disbelief and turned to my father who i hoped would acknowledge the hilarity of the message and he said "Why would anyone want to go to Greece in November?" At this point i thought it best to ring my sister and have a good laugh with her about their reaction. As I went upstairs to bed I could hear my mum asking my father why he thought she didnt invite us. Got to love em!

crosstrainer 11:15 19 Oct 2007

A text from a pal this morning informing me that he had 2 tickets for him and a mate (I'm his "best" mate) to attend the Rugby world cup final, all expenses paid 5 star hotel blah blah blah, could I put hi bins out on Monday?

It was 6AM, and I had just made my first coffee of the day, so texted him back asking why he wasn't taking me!!! :)

spuds 12:37 19 Oct 2007

Parents, especially of the older generation are like children. You never know what they are thinking or going to say or do next. All the more pleasures in life.

Now what was I thinking about doing, whoops I have forgotten ;o)

Bingalau 14:32 19 Oct 2007

spuds. Putting the bin out maybe?

silverous 14:36 19 Oct 2007

It took me a short while to get it :)

laurie53 20:57 19 Oct 2007

"Parents, especially of the older generation are like children."

Depends what you mean by the older generation. At 70 I reckon I'm one of the older generation, and my parents are dead. So are the parents of most of my contemporaries!

tullie 21:11 19 Oct 2007

They say the old jokes are the best?Got my doubts now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone