Don't Get Caught, Not Yet Anyway.

morddwyd 20:13 15 Sep 2010

A man has escaped jail and been given probation for biting off part of somebody's ear because it took seven years to catch him.

click here

Now I know that prison is all about rehabilitation, and fitness to rejoin society, and that this may have already been achieved for this person, but this is surely sending out the wrong message, even if it is a one off not meant to set a precedent?

Avoid arrest for so long and you'll get a lesser sentence.

Can we expect to see tariffs set?

sunnystaines 21:32 15 Sep 2010

Like drink driving don't turn up at court avoid detection for a while then the warrant gets cancelled as its been outstanding too long and costs too much to keep on the pnc police computer run by private agencies , i think the limit is 18mths perhaps a serving officer can confirm.

spuds 22:35 15 Sep 2010

It shows you how the law as changed. When Chinese Restaurants were the new thing all those years ago, I knew a pair of 'lovable rogues' who had an argument in a restaurant. They bit part of a Chineseman's ear and nose off, plus a bit of other damage. They both got two years for that. There was very little mention of the meat cleaver's the Chineseman and other members of the staff were using.

carver 22:44 15 Sep 2010

Well it just goes to show he bit off more than he could chew.

Yimbo 22:41 16 Sep 2010

Ear! Ear!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?