Don't clear the snow away!

oresome 16:40 02 Feb 2009

Leave the pavement outside your house as it is. Attempt to clear the snow and you may make matters worse and be liable for any injuries sustained if someone slips.

click here

Cymro. 16:57 02 Feb 2009

click here

See F.E. posting in this thread and all will be answered.

Cymro. 16:59 02 Feb 2009

click here

Sorry wrong link, try this one please.

Quickbeam 19:22 02 Feb 2009

I can't get out of my drive if I don't!

Forum Editor 19:28 02 Feb 2009

with cooking salt this afternoon. The snow melted, and then froze. It snowed again and is going to snow heavily tonight.

Fresh snow over solid ice; that'll give my car's traction control something to think about in the morning

recap 19:55 02 Feb 2009

Tory Baroness Carnegy of Lour called for a law change, to encourage people to "do their bit"

Why?, it's not our responsibility.

Start clearing the snow away, and you will have to keep on top of it or run the risk of getting sued if somebody slips and injures themselves.

Quickbeam 21:13 02 Feb 2009

"cooking salt"
Waste of time... get a bag of rock salt from B&Q or a builders merchant.

Forum Editor 22:16 02 Feb 2009

We must have a superior type of cooking salt, it worked a treat.

Quickbeam 22:28 02 Feb 2009

It's just the rock salt will slowly dissolve and work for longer, also acting as a gravel grip.

Stuartli 09:16 03 Feb 2009

We had three very brief flurries of snow yesterday, none of which stuck on the roads or pavements.

Result - a snow and ice free zone.

Yet another excellent reason for living on the mild North West coastline...:-)

DANZIG 09:33 03 Feb 2009

I once got hauled over the coals when I was working in York for this. I'd cleared all the snow away from the front of the club I was working at which (to my young and naive mind, this was 15 years ago) was a supreme bit of customer service.

How silly of me.

My manager at that point positively exploded! I felt like putting the snow back......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?