Does PCA really receive these webmaster e-mails?

CurlyWhirly 20:43 03 Sep 2004

I am just wondering when the PCA server can't cope and an error page with the following appears does the Webmaster REALLY get sent an e-mail?

"An Error Has Occurred

You have accessed this Page incorrectly. This could be because you have mistyped a URL, or have tried to access a page that does not exists or has been removed. An email has been sent to the webmaster notifying them of this problem."

IF he does he must get sick of the site of them!
lol
CW

Sapins 21:09 03 Sep 2004

Evening CurlyWhirly, I don't know but I've had a few recently. I'm always doubtful about these error messages and those you send to Microsoft, you never seem to get a response.

CurlyWhirly 21:17 03 Sep 2004

I know what you mean!
CW

Forum Editor 22:56 03 Sep 2004

each time it happens - which is why you might detect the slightest hint of a tetchy atmosphere when I see yet another thread telling all and sundry that the site is experiencing page loading problems. We already know about the problems, because we've received an avalanche of emails from the server.

In the normal course of events I receive hundreds of emails a week from forum members anyway, so you can imagine what my inbox looks like.

CurlyWhirly 07:19 04 Sep 2004

In my 21.17 post I was referring to Microsoft not PC Advisor.
The point I was trying to make was that even though work is going on in the background and you know about the server problems, the Webmaster must get fed up to the teeth with the fact that an e-mail is sent EVERY time someting goes wrong with the server.
No offence intended.
CW

Forum Editor 07:54 04 Sep 2004

I was simply confirming the fact that an email is received for each error - it has to be, otherwise we wouldn't get any at all. Nobody gets fed up to the teeth - we obviously don't read them, they're just reminders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?