does it annoy you?

mrwoowoo 13:56 01 Jul 2007

When you give an answer to a problem and get no aknowledgement back ,that the problem is solved or otherwise. I know they are in the minority but if they let us know if our soluton has worked we can use this information for future reference to advise others correctly.
Also i find it slightly ignorant,but perhaps its just me.

Pine Man 14:01 01 Jul 2007

It certainly does and I think it's on the increase. Quite a lot of people seem to post a problem and you never hear from them again!

anskyber 14:05 01 Jul 2007

Disappointed rather than annoyed. It's not always bad manners, or at least not deliberate bad manners. I think some people are so pleased to have got their problem fixed they simply forget.

Others may post in more than one forum ( I mean not PCA) so forget or get the answer elsewhere.

It would be great if there was feedback, helpful to us all.

mrwoowoo 14:09 01 Jul 2007

good point anskyber.the prob is when we give an educated guess to a problem to try to help,we really need the feedback.

postie24 14:36 01 Jul 2007

Cant work out how they forget,they only need to check their postings from time to time.
Seems to me they get their answer and never return or they do return,check their postings and cant be bothered to reply.

sidecar sid 15:18 01 Jul 2007

Not at all.
If i think i can help i will post.
Feedback and thanks are always welcome but not necessary.

Al94 15:23 01 Jul 2007

It's an old fashioned thing called manners.

TopCat® 16:18 01 Jul 2007

For the first time ever I received an email from someone I helped today thanking me. It was unexpected but still nice to receive.

I've asked the person to return to the thread to leave feedback and to close the thread at the same time. TC.

Mac70 16:24 01 Jul 2007

It's worse when you spend days helping someone clean up their computer of malware but they cant spend a moment to say thank you.
Men are worse than women for that.

Pine Man 16:33 01 Jul 2007

I am intrigued!

How can you possibly know that?

On this post there is

TopCat, A194, postie24, mrwoowoo, anskyber, sidecar sid, me and you.

Of those only me, sidecar sid and maybee mrwoowoo are possibly male.

postie24 16:54 01 Jul 2007

Im male :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires